Live Updates: Trump threatens to bomb Oman with Iran war stuck in stalemate as 60-day negotiation period ends
U.S.–Iran Conflict Enters Uncertain Phase as Negotation Window Closes
Wertynews.com – The sixty-day negotiation period between Washington and Tehran has now lapsed, leaving the two sides locked in a stalemate. With diplomacy stalled, both militaries continue to posture for further escalation, and domestic pressures on each side are mounting.
IRGC Rejects Backchannel Rumors
Brig. Gen. Hossein Mohbehi, spokesman for Iran's Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps, flatly dismissed President Trump's assertion that secret talks were underway between IRGC officials and American counterparts.
"There are no talks taking place between IRGC officials and the Americans, and this lie by Trump is merely fantasies caused by the delusions and nightmares he has suffered as a result of defeat and desperation in the war."
Mohbehi, speaking through the semi-official Tasnim News agency, added that the IRGC "speaks its word on the battlefield," while diplomatic questions remain the province of other government bodies. He further insisted that, per Foreign Ministry statements, no negotiations of any kind were currently occurring with Washington, citing what he described as repeated American breaches of prior commitments.
In a separate warning issued the same day, a senior IRGC figure told reporters that Iran's armed forces would shift toward a more "offensive form" of defense as the war with the United States drags on.
$22.9 Billion Raytheon Deal Accelerates Tomahawk Production
The Pentagon disclosed on Monday a $22.9 billion contract awarded to weapons maker Raytheon to ramp up output of Tomahawk cruise missiles, a move attributed to battlefield shortfalls triggered by the Iran conflict.
Acting U.S. Navy Secretary Hung Cao framed the purchase as urgent logistical support for active operations.
"Guaranteeing our naval and joint forces have the lethal firepower they need to deter aggression and protect the homeland is paramount. The Department is utilizing every available tool to meet the demands of our current operations."
Tomahawk missiles, which can strike targets beyond 1,000 miles, are primarily fired from submarines and surface warships.
Think Tank: Air-Defense Stocks Halved Since February
A report from the Center for Strategic and International Studies, published the previous month, calculated that U.S. inventories of Patriot and THAAD interceptors had been cut roughly in half or worse since the conflict erupted in late February. Before hostilities began, the United States held more than 2,300 Patriot and over 450 THAAD interceptors, according to CSIS estimates.
The Washington Post reported earlier this month that President Trump pressed Pentagon chief Pete Hegseth for explanations about munitions gaps at a cabinet meeting. Both men subsequently told reporters that American missile stocks were not in decline.
Houthis Strike Saudi Naval Convoy in Red Sea
Yemen's Iranian-backed Houthi movement announced Monday that it had hit a Saudi military landing ship together with four escorting vessels near the coast of Mokha, Saudi Arabia, using ballistic missiles.
"The strike was accurate and direct, resulting in the complete burning of the ship, the sinking of a number of the boats, and the burning of the remainder."
Houthi military spokesperson Yehya Saree made the remarks in a post on X. The group had declared a maritime blockade of Saudi Arabia's Red Sea ports several weeks earlier. The two sides have been engaged in open warfare since 2015, when Riyadh intervened in Yemen's civil war alongside the Western-backed government. A ceasefire that had held for months collapsed last month, when the Houthis opened a new front in solidarity with Tehran. Saudi forces also joined U.S. airstrikes on Iranian-backed militias in Iraq during that same period.
Tehran Signals End to Internet Censorship
Iranian First Vice President Mohammad Reza Aref told Tasnim News agency on Monday that President Masoud Pezeshkian had resolved to terminate state censorship of the internet, though he cautioned that the transition would unfold gradually given the number of legal bodies and councils involved.
Aref characterized upgrading connectivity quality as a government priority while warning that Iran's adversaries were attempting to exploit economic pressure to erode social cohesion. He urged domestic media outlets to adopt a more aggressive posture in what he termed a hybrid war.
"The media must shift from a defensive position to an offensive one; because in media work, the first narrator is the winner."
Related Reading
Frequently Asked Questions
What is Live Updates: Trump threatens to bomb Oman with Iran war stuck in stalemate as 60-day negotiation period ends?Live Updates: Trump threatens to bomb Oman with Iran war stuck in stalemate as 60-day negotiation period ends is the main topic of this guide. The article explains the context, practical details, and next steps readers should understand.
Why does Live Updates: Trump threatens to bomb Oman with Iran war stuck in stalemate as 60-day negotiation period ends matter?Live Updates: Trump threatens to bomb Oman with Iran war stuck in stalemate as 60-day negotiation period ends matters because readers are looking for a useful answer, not just a short summary. Good content should match search intent and help them decide what to do next.